We'll try to meet in the area opposite the ferry in Pier 6. If you walk past the opening where you can see Fornino Restaurant to the next opening, that's where we'll be. This is a public park, and we are visitors like everyone else.
The class will run approximately 40 minutes and everyone will get a personal bag with scarves, eggs and sticks that are yours to keep.
In the event of inclement weather or if the teacher is unable to come, we will provide a live ZOOM class and/or extra classes at the end of the session.
Here's where we'll be: https://bit.ly/3jjLReC
Register (or schedule a drop-in) Here
What to bring:
Bring ground covering that will define your little "island." You may want a few blankets/beach mats. We'll be in a "sea" full of islands. Don't fall off!
Grown-ups and big kids need to mask.
Bring Kitchen (or real) play along instruments: anything that you can bang on or shake (tupperware and spoons, containers filled with rice or beans, bells, etc.) Real drums and the like are more than welcome.
For drop-ins, I will let you borrow a bag with sticks, scarves and eggs that you may choose to purchase. (If you enroll, you will get your own set)
- Please refrain from attending the class if you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had COVID-19, or if you or your children are feeling unwell in any way (fever, cough, stomachache, headache, etc.)
- If you or anyone in your family have been diagnosed with COVID-19 symptoms after attending our outdoor class, you are asked to report that immediately to our office by text or email.
- Children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of 6-foot distance between themselves and our teacher.
- Children will NOT be required to wear face masks. All adults, including the teacher, are expected to wear face masks.
- Please bring a blanket and play-along instruments to use. These can be from your kitchen or actual drums and the like.
- There will be no bathrooms available for these classes. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be provided by the teacher for your convenience.
- Please turn off your cell phone in class. We need you to sing, dance and model other musical behaviors for your children.
- Please refrain from snacking during class. We don't want children running over to you to beg ;)
- No pets: babies may pull or pinch on a dog that comes close to them.
- In case of bad weather, classes will take place on Zoom.
- If you miss your drop-in, we can reschedule you for another time. There will be no refund. No refunds for missed classes for enrolled families.
Thanks for trying this out with me! We will be in a public space and there are many things out of our control, such as weather, ground conditions, bugs, noise, etc. We’ll do our best with what we can!