(Canta y Baila Conmigo®* is part of the Music Together Family. Our CyBC teachers are Music Together trained)
Music is a universal language. It transcends boundaries and reaches beyond culture to touch the depths of our souls, express our common emotions, and inspire us all. Now serving 2,500 communities in over 40 countries, Music Together connects families and communities across the globe as they express and explore our basic human instinct for making music. Oh, and what a way to have fun with your children!
Now in its 32nd year, Music Together sets the gold standard in early childhood music education. Loved by both parents and educators alike, our research-based program is the most fun you'll have supporting your child's musical development. Are you ready to make some music together?
Music Together Goals:
1) get the grown-ups singing and dancing both in class but especially at HOME! (check out the HELLO EVERYBODY app for your smart phones and tablets on iTunes and Google Play!)
2) get the kids watching and listening
3) inspire the kids to experiment and explore
4) stimulate and support children's natural musical development
5) get all children to Basic Music Competence (singing in tune and expressing an accurate beat) (Canta y Baila Conmigo aims to support a child’s whole language acquisition of Spanish through immersion.)
Music Together Curriculum:
1) Music Together has NINE carefully crafted music collections and 3 summer compilations. Canta y Baila Conmigo consists of 4 collections and 3 summer compilations to date. Both programs send the music and a book home with families so that the listening and learning can continue outside of class. Included in the registration price for Music Together: an app for devices, a code for digital downloads of the music and access to a family web-portal where you can wonderful extra content (art projects, games, activities, articles, videos and more), a CDs, a book entitled, "Music Together at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically" and a Songbook.
Music Together and CyBC ONLINE feature VIRTUAL classes,
membership in a CLOSED Facebook Group,
and access to pre-recorded material.
See our REGISTRATION page for our current schedule.
Music Together Classes:
1) Begin and end with ritual opening and closing songs
2) Include rhythmic chants
3) Include songs without words
4) use songs with short, repeatable phrases
5) use the music in its entirety, because research shows that children learn whole songs
6) make use of AGE APPROPRIATE props - accessible to infants, toddlers, and bigger kids
7) include opportunities for both creative play and lightly choreographed activites
8) rely heavily on adult participation -The modeling of adults is essential to the musical development of the children --regardless of their own musical ability. So everybody has to sing and dance, and don't worry(!) about how well you do it- your child just needs you to love them and to model the activities with joy!